The number of coronavirus cases is now increasing sharply and we are heading back towards the same spread of infection we saw in April. This could soon lead to tougher local restrictions unless we act together now to slow the spread of the virus.
The most important ways you can help prevent a local outbreak and lockdown are:
- Stay two metres away from anyone you do not live with or anyone not in your support bubble.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Wear a face covering to protect other people. Your face covering should cover your nose and mouth – the main confirmed sources of transmission.
- Only meet in groups of six or less. You’ll be breaking the law if you meet in a group larger than six.
- If contacted by NHS Test & Trace and informed you need to isolate, please strictly follow this guidance